Re: ht://dig and pdf parsing

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 21:54:16 +0100, Stijn de Bekker wrote:
> I recently took over the htdig debian package and now I'm going through
> all outstanding bugs. Four bugs (#107504, #64385, #67341,
> #102981) are related to the parsing and indexing of PDF files.

I'm currently off-line, so I can't check those reports. If you're looking
for a free solution to extract text from PDFs, there's gs-common's ps2ascii
and pstotext's pstotext.

If what you're looking for is a free program to browse PDFs, there's xpdf,
gv, ggv etc. The cleanest way to allow the sysadmin or user to choose would
be to use mime-support's /usr/bin/see as the viewer.

HTH,
Ray
--
What is this talk of software 'releases'? Klingons do not 'release'
software; our software ESCAPES, leaving a bloody trail of designers and