Contacting bug submitters

I've seen a lot of this happening recently, so perhaps it could bear a
reminder.

If you are attempting to get in touch with a bug submitter, do NOT send
mail only to nnnnn@bugs.debian.org. If you do that, the message will
only be sent to the maintainer, and the submitter will never see it.
Always Cc: either nnnnn-submitter@bugs.debian.org or the submitter's
e-mail address directly.

The same goes for WNPP bugs. If you just send mail to
nnnnn@bugs.debian.org, the mail will be forwarded only to
wnpp@debian.org, and except for a few conscientious souls who read
debian-wnpp and manage the bug list your mail might as well disappear
into a black hole. Certainly the submitter, and any other people who
have been involved in the discussion, are unlikely to see it any time
soon, if at all.

Debbugs is not Bugzilla. Although there have been discussions of
implementing an automatic cc list for each bug, and I believe it's one
of the improvements being worked on by the BTS team, it doesn't yet
exist, so don't treat the BTS as if it does.