Re: binutils in debian unstable is broken.

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 01:09:00AM -0500, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> Two bugs were filed.  I'm already working on it.  CVS does the same thing,
> so I'm sure it won't be long before upstream beats me to a fix.
>
> Apologies, as usual.  I've got an upload waiting for a patch that fixes
> it (it will also include an hppa fix that has been waited upon).

Upstream won't beat you to it.  It's a kernel bug.  A reference to
.text.exit from .data means that some module left a pointer to its
module exit functions even though they were tagged __exit.  There's
nothing binutils can do about it; they're really not there.

It used to be silently ignored, which is just wrong.