Re: partial mirroring

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Hans Freitag wrote:

> > Just so you know, you've got a name clash with Joey Hess' debmirror (now
> > maintained by Jörg Wendland, apparently - where's the canonical copy of
> > the source kept these days?).
>
> Maybe, in the time I choose the name, Joeys debmirror does not exist in
> the official distribution.
Ahem, Joeys debmirror does not yet exists currently in the official
distribution yet.  IMHO this is sad but I hope this will be fixed soon.

> I will rename my package.
I would really love it if you would perhaps merge your stuff with Joeys
or just help fixing the bugs in Joeys debmirror (see the Debmirror thread
in this list!).

In my opinion we need *ONE* script to maintain a mirror in Debian which
is maintained actively and we really do not need several instances of the
same functionality with different names.

PLEASE COME TOGETHER ALL THE VERY SKILLED DEBMIRROR-WRITERS.

Kind regards

         Andreas.