Re: Debian Packages

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Mathew Eis wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am building some binaries for parts of the base system
> for the buggy 68LC040 (debian-68k).

Great! ;-)

> Could someone help me with understanding how to create a
> debian package? Do I need a PGP key to do so?

You need to retrieve and unpack the source package, install
build-dependencies, and invoke "dpkg-buildpackage -rsudo" or
"dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" in the toplevel directory of the source
package.

The easiest way to do this should be using sbuild; however, since you
need to add an extra option to gcc to make this work (on LC040-processors,
that is), this may not be sufficient.

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"