Re: Openssh Upstream release not worthwhile

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 04:05:33PM -0800, Adam McKenna wrote:
> Ben Armstrong wrote:
> > Have you asked the maintainer?
>
> Don't encourage people to bother developers.  The correct course of action in
> this case would be to submit a wishlist bug (after checking if one had
> already been submitted).

My bad.  I knew there was already an outstanding wishlist.  I also knew
that a Debian release of openssh 3 was a work in progress.  Furthermore,
I was just a little put off by the tone of the note, which blasted
Debian as a whole for not acting on the release of openssh 3.  Anyone
who has read the bugs.debian.org/ssh can see that it is not a trivial
package to maintain.  I merely wished to convey that it is not
appropriate to bug the entire debian-devel list about not having
the latest version of package foo out yet (and especially in such
an accusatory tone) when it is likely the developer is just tied up
trying to actually get the work done.

Ben