Re: xg (Re: virtual package (x-)editor ?)

On 29-Nov-01, 09:17 (CST), Tomas Pospisek <tpo2@spin.ch> wrote:
> Um, yes. That's xemacs. But I don't need xemacs but just "an x editor".
> That means any x editor that's around or else x-terminal-emulator -e
> sensible-editor (which is actually IMHO not *very* sensible  - presented
> with f.ex. vi a "normal human" being will at most be able to reset the box
> in question).

Then that person should (and probably *has*) set EDITOR to point to
something more to their liking.

The whole point of the Debian editor policy (and the sensible-editor
script) is to allow the *user* to determine what editor they use.
Alternatives and virtual packages *cannot* do that: they work at the
system level.

Steve