Re: Updated lclint (2.5r)

Gordon,

Have you heard from Christian Meder about lclint?  After a
quick web search and review of bugs.debian.org, it seems
he's disappeared and left his packages to be maintained
by NMU's.

The first "new upstream version available" bug on lclint
was filed more than a year ago, and lclint is missing
upstream parser bugfixes that are helpful for the utility
of the package.  (2.4b can't parse socket.h)

It has been two months since you posted the message below
to debian-devel.  Your 2.4r package has worked fine for me
(though I'm not an expert).  Has any progress been made
in moving it into Debian?  I'm not a debian developer,
so I'm not of much help.

The other packages Christian maintained (scilab, afbackup,
ftape-utils) have been NMU'd with new versions for the
past couple years.  It would be great if the new de-facto
maintainers (Torsten Werner, Tomas Pospisek, and agmartin)
were given credit/responsibility for these packages,
or others were allowed to adopt them.

Thanks,
-neil