Re: Gnome & /usr/local policy

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 02:04:22PM +1100, Andree Leidenfrost wrote:
> I make './configure --prefix=/usr/local' when building gmmusic.
> 'make install' then installs all program files under /usr/local, which
> is exactly what I want. Amonst the installed files are icons which get
> installed under /usr/local/share/pixmaps. Unfortunately, Gnome programs
> seem to only look in /usr/share/pixmaps for image files. (A similar
> problem seems to exist for help files.)

You did everything fine. I'd suggest filing a bug against gnome (not sure
which package though) but I'm not sure what. The only issue may be that
there is no PIXMAP_PATH and thus it's not just a simple matter of adding a
path but adding code to do it.

That however goes a little bit beyond what I know, so someone who knows
better should answer that.

HTH,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>