Nightly CVS deb building

Hi!

I have a package I made (awemud), and I want nightly CVS copies made and
uploaded to the program's webpage.  The problem I see is automatic
updating of the debian/changelog file.  I can easily make a script to
append a new entry (with the right version number) to the beginning of
debian/changelog.  What I'm wondering is what do I need to put into the
debian/changelog file.  Is a message "new CVS snapshot" enough?

Also, as a side note, if any Debian developers want to officially
maintain the Debian package for AweMUD (http://awemud.sourceforge.net)
I'm more than happy to have help.  I have neither the time nor
experience to be a good package maintainer.

Thanks,
Sean Etc.