more questions about LFS

Hello again, all helpful people :-)

I'm still some things that confuses me when putting lsf support on a
potato system.  A accept that you have to (re)compile your program
against the new libc in order to use files larger than 2GB.  But..

If program want to use lsf, do they need to use other syscall names
(e.g. fseek64() instead of fseek(), ...)?  I assume that's the case and
necessary for compatibility.

If the program don't use large files they should work, without
recompiling, right?

The reason I ask is that some program seems to have problem with
directories containing large files (cron report bellow), but I really
don't see why.  (Honestly I haven't dug very deep into what may cause
the output bellow.  Shouldn't find be happy with just the filleting?)

find: /trafla/traflauppsala: Value too large for defined data type
find: /trafla/traflauppsala: Value too large for defined data type
find: /trafla/traflauppsala: Value too large for defined data type
find: /trafla/min_test_in-fil: Value too large for defined data type
find: /trafla/min_test_in-fil: Value too large for defined data type
find: /trafla/min_test_in-fil: Value too large for defined data type
------

What and why is this happening?  I'm not very comfortable being
confused... :-)

// Emil