Re: Modifying httpd.conf by post(inst|removal) scripts

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 09:45:28PM +0000, Darren Salt wrote:
> I demand that Erich Schubert may or may not have written...
>
> >> Does it exclude certain files, like .dpkg-new and .rpm-save?
>
> > I don't think so. [...]
>
> It doesn't exclude *.dpkg-new, dotfiles or backup files. It's probably safe
> to say that it doesn't ignore any files, in accordance with the
> documentation.
>
> Maybe Apache needs an Exclude{,Dir}{,Match} directive which describes which
> files/directories are ignored by the Include directive...? :-)

<howapache2doesit what="config">
apache2 stores a very very very very very
should-never-need-to-be-changed config in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf. All
user configuration should be done in /etc/apache2/httpd.conf, which
doesn't exist by default, and is touch'ed by the init.d script if it
doesn't exist. Modules store their configuration in /etc/apache2/modules
- foo.load (the LoadModule line only), and foo.conf (any module-specific
directives). A small perl script just does symlink tricks over to
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled, and it's much the same for sites. Then, it
just includes /etc/apache2/mods-enabled and /etc/apache2/sites (as well
as /etc/apache2/httpd.conf).
<howapache2doesit/>

:) d

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
<Deek> Why is apt responding to every thanks?