Re: Modifying httpd.conf by post(inst|removal) scripts

* Adam Heath (doogie@debian.org) wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Ryszard Lach wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 01:56:54PM -0600, Scott Dier wrote:
> > > * Ryszard Lach <rla@id.pl> [011116 13:51]:
> > >
> > > IMO, dont, tell people to RTFM and administer their boxes.  Sorry,
> > > welcome to unix.
> > >

> > Sorry, but I can not agree with you. What is packaging for then ? I thought it
> > is to make life easier....
> >
> > When installing some apache module requires LoadModule directive and some
> > reasonable default settings, which will work in most cases - why not to put
> > them into conffile in postinst script ? Look at jserv  package - postinst adds
> > (commented out) line "LoadModule ...mod_jserv.so" and <IfModule mod_jserv.c>
> > </IfModule> section. What is wrong with it ? I think nothing.
>
> Apache needs to read config file snippets from a directory, like so many other
> daemons.  Perhaps an IncludeDir option.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#include

    This directive allows inclusion of other configuration files from
    within the server configuration files.

    If Include points to a directory, rather than a file, Apache will
    read all files in that directory, and any subdirectory, and parse
    those as configuration files.

Tom.
--
   /V\    | Tom Gilbert, London, England | http://linuxbrit.co.uk |