Re: lintian and (non-)conffiles in /etc

Adam Heath (2001-11-13 02:53:30 -0600) :

> On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:
>
>> 	(b) it *must not* be modified by programs (postinsts, update-*
>> 	    programs, etc; vi, emacs, etc are fine obviously)
>
> Ok.  Your homework assignment is to write an expect script for vi or text
> emacs, or automate xemacs, to modify a conffile in /etc.  You have one week.

There are already examples of such scripts available, especially in
packages of mine (although I did not write the stuff myself).  No need
to expect anything, vi is basically ed and ed is scriptable through
STDIN.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Reincarnation likes a joke as much as the next philosophical hypothesis.
  -- in The Truth (Terry Pratchett)