odd behaviour of libapache-mod-jk

after doing apt-get install libapache-mod-jk
it installs, modifies apache config and restart apache, just as it should
then I did apt-get remove libapache-mod-jk
module was removed and modifications to httpd.conf were removed also

Then I installed it again, 'apt-get install libapache-mod-jk'
httpd.conf was _not_ modified to use the mod-jk as it should have been

removing and re-installing did not ever again modify httpd.conf

What's a happening ??

--
lauri.tischler@iki.fi * Man created god as His image *
                      *  Man has horrid imagination  *