Re: opening morgue/rhona for public access? (was Re: .deb archive?)

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 05:27:03PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 12:07:56AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > It already keeps them for a couple of days beyond when they were
> > > last referenced.
> > I know, see the subject and the paragraph starting with "erm". The
> > question then is can it be opened up for public access?
>
> ...by which I mean it doesn't delete them from the pool at all,
> which means they stay on mirrors and such. It's only a couple of
> days but it's not nothing.

Could you be more specific? How many days exactly?

I'm asking because my replacement for the pseudo image kit (for
downloading CD images), in contrast to the original PIK, *must* be
able to download all the .debs. (It doesn't use rsync.)

If at some point I decide to provide weekly testing CD images via my
scheme, I must be sure that during the week after the generation of
the CD image none of the .debs used for that image get deleted from
the mirrors.

Ideally, I'd like superseded packages to stay in the pool for at least
12 days (7 days plus enough time for changes to propagate to all
mirrors, and for slow downloaders to finish downloading).

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _