opening morgue/rhona for public access? (was Re: .deb archive?)

Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 04:35:14PM -0500, Chris Gray wrote:
> > Is there any place where copies of superseded .deb packages go to die?
>
> No official one, no, as the archive doesn't have enough disk space.

Hmmm:

joeyh@auric:~>df /org
/dev/sdc1             238G   75G  163G  31% /org

We're really not that short on space on auric right now. :-) This is a
common request too. Perhaps it would be nice to modify the archive
maintainance scripts to keep superceded files for a while. It could make
sure that there are always a few gig's (or tens of gigs) free, minumum, and
delete the oldest of the old files when it needs to free up some space.

Seems like a better use of the spare 160 gigs than just letting them
spin there.

Oh, er. I just noticed /org/ftp.debian.org/morgue/rhona/ . Isn't this
just what he's looking for? There's 23GB in there, covering the past 2
months of changes to Debian. If we just opened this up for public
(non-mirrored) access, seems that would be nice.

--
see shy jo