Re: Strange new BTS behavior

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > 1. My setup hasn't changed in 5 years. I pop my mail down from my ISP and
> > read it with Pine. I send mail to my ISPs server using Pine's SMTP
> > capability, so I have no mail server on my machine.
>
> Well, something changed somewhere. And not on bugs.debian.org recently.

Well, until recently the originating submit message was not included in
the closing report, so something did  change in the BTS, and it looks like
my ISP isn't presenting the results properly...

> > Am I the only person recieving these as two separate mails?
>
> At least the only one complaining about it.

Complaining? Me!? Naw, I never do that ;-)

> > Sounds like there may be a "new" protocol that my old software isn't aware
> > of...
>
> More like an old protocol it doesn't handle well :)

Well, it seems more likely that my ISP changed something in his mail
server, or has always had a broken behavior and I've only recently begun
to recieve mails that break.

In any case, I'll probably bug tech support even though I don't expect
them to be able to do anything about it.

Luck,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-