Re: Checking buildd logs

Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 02:55:36PM -0800, Rick Younie wrote:
>> #117993.
>> libfwbuilder-dev built incorrectly so the other packages
>> using libfwbuilder-config got this,
>>
>> # libfwbuilder-config --libs
>> -L/usr/lib -lfwbuilder -lssl -lcrypto -lsnmp -lgthread -lglib -lxslt -lxml2 -lsigc -lpthread /usr/lib/libresolv.a
>>

> Rick,
>
>        This is exactly the issue that got me looking into it... The m68k
> build was the only one that had the ssl built into it... All the other
> buildd's did not... So I went looking for my other packages and found that
> libesmtp was also build with SSL on m68k and no others... Fortunately
> libesmtp has the "--with-openssl=no" option for the configure script but
> I need to mention to upstream on fwbuilder/libfwbuilder that their configure
> script is lacking such an option... Thus the only way to ensure that the
> builds are without SSL support is to make use of Build-Depends...

As Phil said, if you Build-Conflict on libssl-dev you force
people building it locally to remove libssl-dev and its
dependencies and they're likely building in their base install.
Although anyone building it for themselves is likely doing it to
add SSL support I would guess.

Is there a reason to exclude SSL support?  There's no stigma
attached to non-US.  Some people confuse it with non-free.

But that begs the question.  The configure switch for libesmtp
should be enough.  And making sure libfwbuilder-dev gets built
ok should fix the problem with the things that build-depend on
it.  You might want to just use the Conflict for libfwbuilder-dev
or otherwise fix it.

If having libssl-dev installed is enough to screw up the build
-- dunno if that was the problem but it's easy enough to check --
you'll have to fix it anyhow or you might build and upload a
bogus i386 binary one time.

Rick