Re: The right way to not start daemons

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 08:20:27AM +1100, Craig Small wrote:
[snip]

> I suppose there is a way of using debconf here too, perhaps there are
> other ways.

I've always done update-rc.d -f $package remove. This works for any
pacakges, but the only way to make it start again would be to use
update-rc.d $package defaults, which may not be appropriate for that
package.

[snip]

> Please CC me on any replies, I'm not subbed to debian-devel

Aren't all delopers required to be subscribed?

--
Jacob Kuntz
http://www.lucidpark.net/