Re: KDE directory layout

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 09:06:43PM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> On Monday 05 November 2001 19:45, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > because KDE3 is *ALPHA*.  The point of it's release is to find out all
> > of the conflictions and problems.  You find problems like that, you report
> > them, they get fixed.
>
> Well, I know it is alpha. That much is evident. It is also the version which
> developers are supposed to write applications with. For the next version of
> KDE a developer has to be one step ahead.
>
> For coders, KDE 2.x is obsolete, that's my concern.

and it's also in constant flux.  Nothing it set in stone until beta1 especially
libraries which is something that coders are supposed to understand.

> What exactly is the problem do you think? Is it the libmpeg stuff as I said
> or something else? Meanwhile I'll investigate on #kde which directory layout
> is suggested for root installs.

most likely the libmpeg stuff.  I never got around to fine tuning the
multimedia package and report upstream... and packages like kdemultimedia are
looked at by coders for conflictions later on.

Ivan
--
Ivan E. Moore II