Re: RFC: SDL and X static extension libraries re-revisited

>> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

 > > What happens if two different dynamic objects, destined to be linked
 > > into the same runtime, are linked against different versions of the
 > > library?

 > > Is that a problem?

 Yes.

 > I don't know, but I get the feeling it would be a problem.

 In general you enter the real of undefined behaviour.

 > On the other hand, I don't know how you'd get two different versions
 > of a _pic.a object onto a system at the same time, anyway.  At least
 > under the proposal I'm making, this would be impossible.

 What Jules means is that libfoo1.deb was compiled with a version of
 libXxf86dga_pic.a and libbar1.deb was compiled with another version,
 same API, different behaviour for whatever reason.  What happens
 depens on the link line of the application (-lfoo -lbar vs -lbar
 -lfoo).

--
Marcelo             | Nanny Ogg looked under her bed in case there was a man
mmagallo@debian.org | there. Well, you never knew your luck.