Re: Help with building/uploading

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 02:50:27PM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Peter van Rossum wrote:
>
> >   * build my packages on a woody machine
> >     (I've build them on one of the project's machines running sid -
> >     this goes smoothly and there are no lintian errors. Simply
> >     "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" should do it.)
>
> There is no need for this step.  In fact, it is frowned upon if you do so.

Ehm, which step doe you mean? The one with * or the one between one ()?

For the first one: the packae will have to be build against the
libraries that are now in unstable, right?

For the second one: true. I hope I'll be forgiven, since I just
wanted it to make sure that whoever was going to help me had as
less work as possible on it. I.e., just compiling, checking, and
uploading and no debugging.

Peter