Re: Installed sather 1.2.1-5 (i386 all source)

Eray,

I've explained this many times already now.  Please read any of my many
messages about mailing list etiquette that I've written to this list.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 03:11:44AM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> 1. I submitted my -3 *before* you uploaded -2.3. I received the mail from
> debian-installer after I'd sent the mail to my sponsor and that mail from the
> debian-installer was the only information I ever got.

Regardless of the reasons, once -3 was dinstalled, my fixes in -2.3 were
unavailable.

> 2. I'm saying that -4 does not include any fixes specific to that version, it
> is thus spurious in itself.

It included fixes that were no longer available in the current version
of the package, therefore it was not spurious.

Imagine the response I would get if I added the quotes back to
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/99xfree86-common_start and closed any bugs filed
about it, saying that any version I upload with the fix reapplied would
be "spurious" because the fix wouldn't be "specific to that version".

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |           If ignorance is bliss,