Re: wonderful day! (2 FHS transitions complete in one upgrade)

Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> > /usr/man still has 20 files in it.
>
> Weird, I thought I fixed/NMU'ed all old FHS-broken packages some months
> ago. According to http://qa.debian.org/fhs.html, there is only one
> package (in i386) that has files in the wrong places.

Hm, you're right. All the files in /usr/man are not in the dpkg
database.

gimp does contain /usr/man, but only the (empty) directory.

Where these files came from on my system, I don't know:

joey@silk:/usr/man>find -type f
./man5/modules.conf.5
./man8/depmod.8
./man8/genksyms.8
./man8/insmod.8
./man8/kallsyms.8
./man8/ksyms.8
./man8/lsmod.8
./man8/modinfo.8
./man8/modprobe.8
./man8/rmmod.8
./man1/kernelversion.1
./man1/gimptool.1.gz
./man1/amixer.1
./man1/aconnect.1
./man1/aseqnet.1
./man2/create_module.2
./man2/delete_module.2
./man2/get_kernel_syms.2
./man2/init_module.2
./man2/query_module.2

It's certianly suggestive of a modutils install accidentially directed
at the root filesystem. It doesn't occur on my other system, I so I'll
chalk this up to cruft.

However, that page does miss a few packages that are in unstable and
still have stuff in /usr/man. I found these on my other system:

lincity-x:
	./man6/lincity.6.gz
lincity:
	./man6/xlincity.6.gz