Re: wonderful day! (2 FHS transitions complete in one upgrade)

Adam Heath wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> > /usr/info has dir, dir.old and one other info page.
>
> dpkg 1.10(in cvs) moves /usr/info/dir to /usr/share/info.  Note, that
> downgrading to 1.9 from 1.10 will NOT work, as this file is not moved back.

Glad it's finally going to move.

Why make dpkg do it though, and not base-files? Seems to me people might
have occasion to upgrade to unstable's dpkg on their stable systems,
while upgrading base-files peicemeil is probably less common.

--
see shy jo