changelog of readseq says:

  readseq (0.0-4) unstable; urgency=low

    * Maintainer set to Debian QA Group <packages@qa.debian.org>.

   -- Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de>  Fri, 24 Aug 2001 23:51:22 +0200

I intend to adopt this package because I need it for a new project.
By this way I intent to close bug #43372.  I will use the latest
sources of version 1 which are in C because I need exactly this C
version.  I will not package version 2 for the following reasons:
 - Java adds en extra dependency of java-virtual-machine which
   would bother my users and me
 - most certainly it would let readseq go to contrib which I want
   to avoid (not checked)
 - I really need the C version for certain reasons.
So my upload not really resolves bug #43372.  If the reporter really
wants to have readseq Version 2 packaged (which might make sense for
sure) the bug should be reasigned to "[RFP/ITP] readseq2" and should made
a separate package readseq2.

Any problems with this plan?

Kind regards

           Andreas.