Re: unreproducable, but grave bug

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 11:36:02AM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> To tell the truth, as many packages as I have, I have never encountered
> a non-reproducible bug in any of them, so I challenge your assertion
> that leaving them in the system "would cause a great accumulation of
> bugs".  I think leaving each unreproducible bug that isn't "obviously

It depends very much on the type of package - unreproducability tends to
occur more when you have things like interop issues or hardware or
kernel dependencies (which are really just a kind of interoperation).
You'd probably find many packages would never see anything like that but
a few would accumulate reams of problems.