/etc/mail/virtusertable becomes case *sensitive* after upgrade from Sendmail 8.12.0 to 8.12.1

Hi all,

I've upgraded to latest sid yesterday and the upgrade involved sendmail,
passing from 8.12.0 to 8.12.1. I've made a dist-upgrade.

Now it seems that the lookups in the /etc/mail/virtusertable are
case *sensitive*, i.e. an entry like this:

N.Surname@domain.com:	user1@localhost

is not found if I try: sendmail -bv n.surname@domain.com

Putting the entry all lower case, then the match is found, both for
n.surname@domain.com and for N.Surname@domain.com.

I've converted all the entries to lower case, but before the upgrade
obviously it worked and nothing in the config files has changed in
the upgrade.

Digging in the documentation I found that using the default hash type
(without the -f flag) all the key are made lower case, but this seems
not to be the case :-).

Now I don't know if this is a sendmail related issue or a libdb2/libdb3
issue, so I'm asking you if someone has experienced a similar problem.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Luca