Re: bad upgrade from talkd to ktalkd ... whose bug?

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 11:31:13AM +0200, Wilmer van der Gaast wrote:
> Yesterday at 17:35:63 you wrote the following wise words:
>
> > So the question is how to solve this kind of thing neatly? Should talkd
> > and ktalkd remove its lines when you remove but not purge them?
> >
> It should 'update-inetd --disable ..' iself, I think.
>
> Wait... No, that's impossible, since it needs a service as an argument.
> Removing the old entry is the only option left indeed... :-/

I solved it for my package (efingerd) by removing every possible
existing fingerd entry and putting there mine (in postinst),
and removing it in prerm (assuming that other finger daemons
should be intelligent enough to add the line for them when it
is not in inetd.conf at all - and they are doing it, I checked)