Re: Release-critical Bugreport for October 12, 2001

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 06:00:02AM -0500, BugScan reporter wrote:
> Package: gnuplot (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Thimo Neubauer <thimo@debian.org>

Just to inform you that I'm still alive :) As I'm facing my final oral
exam, I won't work on gnuplot before 1. November...

>   100612 gnuplot: licence violation

There was a discussion on the gnuplot-mailinglist about the non-free
files. Most of them were even removed from the stable/beta-branch by
the upstream authors. Unfortunately, the licenses don't allow me to
create a free source tarball; a free .deb is no problem... Thus, I
have to ask for a new upstream release, which should be no fairly
easy, as the upstream authors are aware of our/their problem.

>   114224 gnuplot: Instant SEGV on sparc

This is said to be a compiler bug (see report) in the current package
in testing. The problem should vanish when a release fixing the bug
above is allowed to enter into testing.

That's about it, I'm going back to my books :(

     Thimo

--
Thimo Neubauer <thimo@debian.org>