Re: RFC: upstream-link in the BTS and package descriptions

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 05:53:31PM +0200, Peter Mathiasson wrote:
> > I would rather like to see a link to upstream bug report system (if
> > avaliable) from the BTS. That way, hopefully, people might easier report
> > upstream bugs/wishlist items correctly.
>
> But you should report them using the Debian BTS.  Debian is your
> "software vendor", and we are the ones who should hear about
> bugs/feature requests.  If the bug report needs to be forwarded

Indeed. I *want* the users of my packages to report bugs (especially the
very serious ones) to _me_, so that I can forward it upstream AND deal with
it with the expedity I see fit (which is usually very much faster than what
upstream will do).

Not to mention there is brokeness upstream just won't fix, but we do not
want to ship and end up fixing ourselves...

  Henrique Holschuh