Re: make-kpkg and initrd

* Daniel Freedman (freedman@ccmr.cornell.edu) [011021 21:48]:
> > compilation and install of the deb package goes well but it's not bootable :
> > get a kernel panic  :
> > Can't find a valid RAM disk image at 0.

an other thing that made my day was the problem between the
kernel und modutils. as long as one special module (some fire
wire driver?) was there, debmod -a would fail, resulting in the
initrd not having a valid database with module dependencys,
resulting in the ramdisk being unable to load the correct modules
for the hardware, resulting in being unable to mount the /.

so perhaps remove that module, and reconfigure your kernel-image.
dpkg­reconfigure kernel-image-2.5.12