Re: update-rc.d sequence number for hpoj (HP OfficeJet Linux driver)

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 01:27:01PM -0500, Kevin Kreamer wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 04:06:31PM +0100, Jules Bean said:
> > Good project here for a brave coder:
> >
> > Allow start-up scripts to only specify their dependencies (they can
> > declare packages that must be init'ed before them). At start-up time,
> > work up the graph from the bottom, guaranteeing only to start things
> > after their dependencies are already running.
> >

> Have a look at
> <URL:http://www.atnf.csiro.au/~rgooch/linux/boot-scripts/index.html>.
> It sounds like what you are describing.

Thank you.  Interesting link.

They do something like I suggest.  They don't take advantage of the
inherent parallelism, though, which is a shame.

Probably the problem is more complex than I imagine, and I should
think about it some more.

Jules