Re: autoconf/configure information sources?

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 09:10:57AM -0400, Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> was heard to say:
> > Lots.  Included below is a patch to implement a --enable-SOMETHING for
> > all the questions they define.  Putting an --enable-SOMETHING or
> > --disable-SOMETHING will turn off that question and enable or disable
> > the feature.  Any feature which doesn't have an --enable or --disable
> > on the command line still gets the question asked.
>
> The reason I asked is that one of the scripts I was looking at called
> configure and only passes 9 options (natural restriction of shell
> variables).

  I assume that configure probably uses "shift" in its argument-parsing,
so this won't be an issue.  (searching for "shift" in a configure
script..looks like it does, yep)

  Daniel

|                If we do not change our direction                            |
|                we are likely to end up where we are headed.                 |
\-Evil Overlord, Inc: planning your future today. http://www.eviloverlord.com-/