Re: editor alternatives?

* Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> [2001.10.18 18:04:34+0200]:
> I still haven't seen anything as intuitive as cat. cat really makes
> for an excellent newbie editor:
>
> * it doesn't have unwanted features
> * it is available on all unix systems
> * it's small and fast
> * it doesn't have hard to learn keycombinations
> * it's 100% wydiwyg (what you do is what you get)

uhm, i can *create* files with cat, i can *view* files with cat,
editing with cat proves to be horrible, especially if all you need to
do i correcting a typo. are you okay, Wichert, or did you propose this
in all seriosity?

"it is the mark of an educated mind
 to be able to entertain a thought
 without accepting it."