Re: editor alternatives?

> Anyway,  I noticed that of the editors I have, nvi has the highest
> priority for the editor alternative.  (I have nano and elvis-tiny
> also).  Is this really sensible?  That means e.g. that a new user (not
> used to unix) that tries mutt and send a mail get thrown into vi-from
> where they will not be able to get out!  They will have a bad
> first impression.  Should not some more newbie-friendly editors have
> higher priority?  When they grow up and want/can use vi, they set
> EDITOR to vi anyway.

What about to seperate base configurations selectable at installation time?
One for newbies and one for real users? That would (if technically possible) put
an end to all those lamenting about vi and such by newbies and also would not
bother users with an excuse editor like, say, nano.

Just my 2 Euro Cents,
Thomas

--
Thomas S. Strathmann