Re: Is anyone interested in adopting ssh2? (Re: RC bugs in packages maintained by this list)

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 09:47:12PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 09:37:32PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 05:44:32AM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> > >[RC ssh2 bugs]
> >
> > And a few more. It's buggy, and real ssh does the job; I'm not aware
> > of any compelling justification for it's continued existance. I
> > suggest it should be removed from the archive.
>
> ...unless someone steps forward to maintain it.  Any takers?

I say dump it... ssh does the job and ssh2 is not even free. There should be a policy that any non-free package that's orphaned for >45 days or
something should be automatically dropped from unstable. And something similar for the rest of the packages in unstable. If no one cares to take care
of it, get rid of it :)