Re: woody is getting worse...

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 11:33:20AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Remember, testing is supposed to be very close to stable.  The idea behind
> testing was that it was supposed to be instantanously releasable at a moments
> notice.

IMO XFree86 doesn't current meet that criterion in its present state
anyway, notwithstanding the stupid Xsession.d/99* bug.

I mean, come on, the server's module loader doesn't even *work* on m68k
and arm at present, and is glitchy on alpha and ia64.

Futhermore I regularly get grave or critical bugs filed because a
particular video driver doesn't work.  Do we keep X out of testing, or
from releasing with the next stable distribution, because it doesn't
work right on certain hardware?  You tell me.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Human beings rarely imagine a god
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     that behaves any better than a