Re: squid cache

    Matt> It looks as if logrotate no longer rotates to .0 at all, but
    Matt> starts with .1.  I never got any warning about this, so I
    Matt> consider it a bug.

It which case, why does it complain if you remove the .0 file?

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
Error: Can't open log file /var/log/squid/access.log.0
/tmp/logrotate.OTJoMZ: /var/log/squid/access.log.0: No such file or directory

Oooohhhhh, I see, since I always assumed access.log.0 was the newly
rotated log file, I have setup of log file analysers to use this file,
which will mean all my statistics are wrong for this reason.  Whooops!

As for it being a bug, maybe this is just a difference between
logrotate and the previous log rotation system?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>