Re: Debian conference 2 / LSM 2002

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 08:35:40PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Frederic VANNIERE <vanniere@enseirb.fr> [20011009 11:40]:
> > The organisation os Libre Software Meeting 2002 is starting. As past
> > years, it is possible to organise a Debian Conference but someone
> > need to lead the Debian Conference 2 organisation, it was Thierry
> > Laronde for Debian 0 and 1 but he can't organise a new one. If your
>
> Well, the original idea was to have Debian conference at a different
> location each year.
>
> Quoting from http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2001/debian-devel-announce-200101/msg00011.html
>
>     I have proposed last year, and have said from the beginning, that
>     I do consider that such an event must move in order to be held in
>     every place where live a reasonable number of developers.  This is
>     the second edition, and the last for me. In my mind, the principle
>     is the one of a kind of Olympiades of Libre Software : I will not
>     organize Debian Conference 2, but I'd liked to give the "Olympic fire"
>     to the next organizer.
>
> Where it should take place and if anyone is actually going to organize
> it remains to be seen...

As Martin, we probably want to organize things in an appropriate order.

As usual, people talk a lot on the list and then nothing happens.

Why not

1) keep a list of people who _really_ want to organize something and are ready
to bring it to a happy end.

2) from that list see where people attending the conference would want to go.

Does anyone volunteer to do the list ?

If not, I can put the propositions of people willing to organize something at
http://people.debian.org/~ericvb

Just let me know.

--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT     "Oh My God! They killed init! You Bastards!"
			--from a /. post