Re: Debian conference 2 / LSM 2002

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 04:19:22PM -0500, Scott Dier wrote:

> [...]
>  logistical and other support. And forces from Australia and New
>  Zealand, he said, are on standby if needed. Nations in Africa also have
> [...]

What's your point Scott? I don't think Russell was making any comment
particularly about the US or whether it should be involved in a war
with Afghanistan.

But the fact is, the US government has said that retaliation from
al Qaeda is highly likely, and there have been confirmed Anthrax
infections and many scares throughout the country. So foreigners
feel a bit nervous about visiting the USA at the moment! It's
nothing personal.

We even had Anthrax scares here yesterday too, but probably all hoaxes.

Hamish