Re: mount --bind and -o [re: nosuid/noexec/nodev handling]

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 09:53:24AM +0300, Ville Herva wrote:

> > > Thats nice! For example on Debian GNU/Linux one can mount /var with noexec
>
> Yes, it is very useful, and I keep finding new uses for it all the time.
>
> Sadly, userspace support for it is not perfect; for example cp/rsync
> --one-filesystem does not see --bind mount point as a filesystem boundary.

What exactly does this accomplish? Looks like it suffers from the
normal uselessness of noexec for anything other than trivial sanity
checks (ie: you can just execute the interpreter and pass the name of
the +x file to it).

nosuid and nodev are another matter.

 : :' :                         | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-    http://www.debian.org/ | London, UK