Re: squid cache

On 12-Oct 04:35, Brian May wrote:

>     Alex> Squid is doing its duty fine here. I use http downloads and
>     Alex> I have http_proxy set. I also don't fudge around with
>     Alex> refresh_pattern.

I think you need to up these two things in your squid.conf:
#  TAG: maximum_object_size     (bytes)

and

#       cache_dir ufs Directory-Name Mbytes L1 L2 [options]
#
#       'Mbytes' is the amount of disk space (MB) to use under this
#       directory.  The default is 100 MB.  Change this to suit your
#       configuration.
#
#       'Level-1' is the number of first-level subdirectories which
#       will be created under the 'Directory'.  The default is 16.
#
#       'Level-2' is the number of second-level subdirectories which
#       will be created under each first-level directory.  The default
#       is 256.

but, then again, I don't have anyother computer using this squid cache to
update/upgrade with. So, YMMV

Thomas