Re: Is apt-proxy dead?

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 02:47:29PM -0300, Daniel Serodio wrote:

Hi Daniel,

> 	Is apt-proxy dead? There are "important" bugs 342 days old (#76113),
> annoying issues reported 317 days ago (#96517, more often than not it
> stalls after retrieving 99% of a file) and a weird "New upstream version
> available" report (ain't it a debian-only package?).

<http://www.google.com/search?q=apt-proxy>
points to <http://sourceforge.net/projects/apt-proxy/>
To get the latest version:
,----
`----

,----[<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/apt-proxy/apt-proxy/>]
`----

> 	I'd give it a look, if it weren't a sh mess. I'm pretty sure I'm not
> the only one who has considered rewriting it in perl. Does anyone have
> any info on its current status, if a perl rewrite was ever considered,
> etc?

Maybe you'll find more here:
<http://www.debianplanet.org/debianplanet/article.php?sid=400>
<http://www.debianplanet.org/debianplanet/article.php?sid=375>

> 	Despite all this problems, it very very useful for networks of debian
> boxes, but it could be much more useful if these problems were solved...
> TIA

I'm not sure if the cvs version solves all bugs. Anyway I like and
need apt-proxy. I hope someone is still working on it.

regards
Thorsten