Re: apache2: clearing the air [please read]

>>>      * /var/www/the.host.name/htdocs - document root for that host
>>>      * /var/www/the.host.name/cgi-bin - CGI scripts for that host
>>>      * /var/www/the.host.name/logs - logs for that host

> Perhaps we should ask our users?

Well, I've been using:

  /var/www/the.host.name/htdocs
  /var/logs/apache/the.host.name

for about a year now, and I'm very happy with that.  The idea of making

  /var/www/the.host.name/cgi-bin

contain a set of symlinks pointing to /usr/lib/cgi-bin is very
appealing to me, and I'll switch to that when I have some free time.

--
Itai Zukerman  <http://www.math-hat.com/~zukerman/>