Re: Keeping information on the build system

Yann Dirson wrote:
> Currently there's no way of saying with which version of what other
> package a given package was built.  There was once an attempt to do
> that, but it failed because we did not have build-deps at that time.

Yeah, I remember.

> http://ydirson.free.fr/en/software/buildinfo.html
|      + some packages are (build-)essential as a side effect of packages
|      listed as such, but are not taken into account yet

More generally, it seems that any packages a build dependnency depends
on are not listed (unless they're build deps too).

I don't think that the dependency it has on build-essential is a good
idea, as that package is just a meta package that may not be installed
on a system even though a deb is being built.

--
see shy jo