Re: requiring packages to be built with a given compiler version

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> immo vero scripsit

> > > Build-depends: gcc-2.95 [arch-foo] | gcc-3.0 [!arch-foo]
> >  Build-depends: gcc-2.95 [arch-foo], gcc-3.0 [!arch-foo]
>
> I followed the syntaxis as used on
> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/build-essential for libc,
> which claims to be following Build-Depends syntaxis. Thus, if that is
> correct, my line above should be correct too.

Please refer to the policy 7.1. Syntax of relationship fields,
which defines the well known Build-Depends.

And in the policy the precedence ordering of "[arch]" and "|" is only vaguely defined.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer