Re: Proposed solution to the DDTS mail "problem"

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 04:14:25PM +0200, Simon Richter wrote:
> what about adding the info whether a developer wants to be notified of
> various events (ddts being one of them, I could also think of packages
> being stuck before testing, ...) to the db.d.o database? You could also do
> a one time mailing asking the existing developers ("reply to this mail
> with the single word 'yes' or 'no' somewhere in the body") and set
> everyone who doesn't respond to "no" since they don't care anyway.

Excellent idea.  Thanks for proposing a reasonable solution instead of
bellyaching about "Anglophone ivory towers"[1].

[1]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-french/2001/debian-devel-french-200110/msg00025.html

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Reality is what refuses to go away
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     when I stop believing in it.