Re: RfD: Removing mailing lists

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 09:11:34PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > debian-admintool             >1,000
>
> Occasionally, there are bursts of traffic on this one (everytime someone
> wants to write an admintool and presents his ideas)... it's a good place to
> move a flamewar to on this topic from debian-devel.

That doesn't sound like a good reason.  I'd say use debian-devel for
this and you can discuss the issue with a wider audience.  It's still
scheduled for removal.

> > packages for the stable distribution.  However, I'm not sure if
> > .changes files will be distributed over all relevant lists.
>
> It wouldbe a very good idea to make that work.

Is somebody going to work on it or shall we resolve the issue by
simply removing the lists?

> > There are even more debian-*-changes lists that have no traffic.  The
> > description says that they should serve notices about uploaded
> > packages for the unstable $(arch) distribution, mostly from buildd's.
> >
> > Do no-messages imply that there is no buildd running but should or
> > that the list is not needed anymore?
>
> Rather that I always thought that this was done automatically, and then
> never went and did it manually when I learned it isn't automatic.
>
> I think those lists should also be filled automatically by dinstall, with
> packages just for that architectures.  OTOH, if that's not going to happen I
> will finally go and trigger an e-mail manually.

Any news on this?  Otherwise they're also scheduled for removal.

Regards,

	Joey